Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Bluetooth - don't you just love it!

So, after a relaxing week away with some buddies in the SoF (South of France!) I've got back to lots of hard (but good) worky stuff.

Since I've got a rather beautiful Vaio and a Bluetooth (BT) headset for my XDAiis, I though of the ingenious plan of marrying the two, so that I could use Skype hands-free as well as cash-free (nearly).

What a splendid idea. Hardly news to many of you, but to me is was ground breaking!

And now, after hours spent combing through geeky message boards that talk of Widcomm 4, XP SP2 compatibility, bthusb.inf, bluespace, BT stacks and patches I am no further forward.

The only positive outcome has been to help reassure me that there is always a better way of doing something!

I find myself frustrated at Microsoft for not having a headset profile as a part of their BT stack (you see, I'm writing like a geek now), hacked off with Widcomm who appear to be suicidally unhelpful and bemused by the endless stream of forward slashes that the geeks say will make the transition/installation easy.

Yea right!

So, spleen now vented, I'll get back to some real work.

On a normal phone.

In a normal way.

Like a normal person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I find myself frustrated at Microsoft for not having a headset profile as a part of their BT stack"

Apple make one....not really but for half a second your were even more fustrated.