Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Testy Telesales Top-Tip

So, if you have a phone and you live on planet earth, you'll have had the joy of the cold call.

Listen, I’m a sales-man, I understand that they’re only doing their job, but I find being called at home 5 times a day - sometimes by silent machines that drop the line because I didn’t pick up soon enough - really, REALLY rude!

Getting annoyed helps no-one, so I choose to enjoy the ride!

Try this. I saw it on Seinfeld ages ago and it made me laugh!

It almost makes you want them to call you...

You “Hello!”

Them “Hello, am I speaking to Mr Adrian Heywood?”

You “Yes, that’s right.”

Them “Ah, good, I’m not trying to sell you anything, but…”

You “I’m sorry to interrupt, but now is not a good time. If you give me your home number, I’ll call you back later on, when it’s convenient for me to speak.”

Them “I’m sorry Mr Heywood, we’re not allowed to give out our home number.”

You “Hey that’s fine, I understand completely; it’s irritating to get calls at home from people you don’t know isn’t it?” [as you hang up]

No comments: